Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Wednesday Out & About

I was busy yesterday. I decided to run some errands. I had a list and tried to follow it. There were two drive ups and three go inside stops. The drive ups were a snap. Then into Safeway to see if any of my lottery tickets were winners. 1 free ticket and $4 later, I bought some reduced fat peanut butter, 10# potatoes, 3# onions, a hand of bananas, and a package of dried figs. My Walmart purchases were: Beano, 16# dog food, honey, ketchup, and dried apricots; there were no free handicap spaces. I had a short hike.


My last stop was H2O for bread. I got 3 loaves of Great Harvest Wheat and White. Whole wheat kaiser rolls for burgers, hot dog buns, poor boy loaves, 3 types of varietal breads, 2 cranberry muffins, an angel food cake, 5 turnips, 2 cans fried onions and I think that was all. For $1. Best bargain of the day.

Last I checked my new Duggar Forum, there were 27 registered members! In less than 24 hours! I can make a difference! The changes I have made in the last 18 days! Can I keep it up; will I slide back into oblivion? Only time will tell.
Scott got his diabetic supplies today. He ordered them yesterday! The old pharmacy took two weeks. Also, with new insurance, 90 days of supplies and insulin cost $80 instead of the previous $320. Some changes are a good thing. There are tradeoffs, we know, but overall it is okay so far.

After all my housework and errands I hurt all over from picking up a bag of potatoes and the dog food. Then, carrying in the box from the pharmacy caused another pain to start up. Oh the best is yet to come. I had sparkly lights in my right eye when I got up yesterday. Sparkles today, migraine tomorrow. Crap. I took 2 ibuprophen and 1 acetaminophen with a cup of coffee when I got up. Let’s hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment