Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Calm, Quiet Sunday

Why is it when a pet is wet, they want to rub on you, sit on you, or track footprints all over the clean kitchen floor?
Here's something good, Rocky now asks to go outside.  He will either nudge my arm with his hippopotamus snout or he will put his head on my leg and press down, HARD.  That dog has one boney lower jaw!  If I don't respond fast enough he will whine!  Oh, so much better then when he just sat in front of you, staring at you trying to psychically communicate.
Jip will also let me know when he wants out.  He just doesn't always go out to poop.  Still working on that.
I think it was last week on The Dog Whisperer, Cesar helped a family with Shar Peis.  We are still learning about the breed, after four and a half years.  Seems when Rocky chuffs, woofs with blowing air and making his lips vibrate, he is being aggressive.  We had noticed that, but it is a breed thing, not just a Rocky thing.  His dancing and using his forepaws like hands is a Boxer thing.  He loves to play soccer.  And he is great!  The ball rarely gets past him!
Jip's barking is a Beagle thing.  He barks to let us know the wind is blowing, rain is falling, or the cat is snoring.  He doesn't seem to be very good at tracking, he uses his eyes more that his nose.  The great thing is that he doesn't dig!  Both Beagles and Jack Russell Terrorists dig, now that I've said that to jinx is on.  We treat the dogs when they come when called.  Also treat them when they come in.  Jip will get his treat, eat it, run back onto the porch and come in again.  He then looks so cute waiting for a second treat, which he does not get.  I have to draw the line at spoiling them somewhere.

I went into Selene's old room, now the dog's room.  Well, I didn't need THAT!  The dog and cat fur dust bunnies are beginning to stir.  I will have to clean.  Damn.  Of course if the room is cleaned I will be able to use it for my studio.  You know; draw, paint, be creative.  I just wish I could get this entire house clean and keep it that way.  I never know when I will begin sleeping 20 hours a day or the pain in my back will begin radiating around my ribs putting me down for days on end. 
Maybe Scott will get a promotion and raise or I will get my pittance from disability.  Then maybe we could afford a housekeeper to help out.  Just to dust, sweep, mop, clean the bathroom, etc. once a week.  Right now I can cook, clean the kitchen, do the laundry, pick up after myself.  But the day is coming that I will not be able to do those things without help.  I am trying to be practical. 

When I see my new doctor, next month, I will have a list of concerns for her.  Top priority is the pain.  I have not been sleeping well due to the hypertrophic arthritis.  Bob was always erring on the side of caution.  But I am really needing to be able to sleep and move without the constant, wearing down, pain.

While I am thinking about seeing the new doc, here is a list of my conditions and diseases:
Hypothyroid
High Blood Pressure
Osteoarthritis - possibly Rhuematoid but tests have been inconclusive
Severe Clinical Depression
Anxiety
Agoraphobia
Fibromyalgia
Gastro-Esophogeal Reflux Disease
Allergies to dust mites, animal dander, pollen, pesticides, some fragrances
That's enough for any person.  Most are responding to medication.  Some are not.

Tomorrow is MLK holiday.  Scott will be home!  I think I would like to go to Mac to see D&D.  Dorthy called today asking if they could drop by.  I had to say no.  The house is such mess.  I get one room clean, start on another and then have to flake out.  Anyway, going over to see them will be easier on me.  I can drop off the new salad/dessert plates I found for her.  I'd like to take them more squash, but the pumpkins are so stringy as not to be edible.  And we are quickly going thru the delicata.  We have eaten all the butternut.  We know what to plant in the future:  delicata, butternut, and hubbard.  And lots of them!

Guess this post is all over the place, but so is my mind.  I pulled out a half a turkey breast for dinner.  I got 50% off on this one.  We'll have mashed potatoes, green beans, and pickled beets, yummy yum yum. 

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment