Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Finally Got Some Sleep

Whoa, I slept 11 hours last night!  I feel recharged and ready for action.  And that's what is nice about Scott's days off.  He keeps Jip from whining, barking, and licking me while I sleep.  Yes, Jip still gets over excited when I get up.  I close him out of the bathroom and that does seem to help.  He is just not very calm when I get up, come home, get out of the shower; or when Nate comes home or gets up; yet he is better for Selene and best for Scott.  I am too permissive.  Scott says that was the problem I had with Selene and why she is so spoiled. ; P (She had two parents, right?)

Today I have spent working on the blogs.  I have added buttons.  I even learned how to make my own button!  The website is in the link at the bottom of the page.  I am wanting to customize my blogs.  It's fun and there are so many free sites out there with great ideas.  Now, I have to find a digital camera.  I have been using my phone camera and relying on Nate, Peggy, Debbie, Lindsay, and Kelsey to take pictures and pass them on.  I have seen some used cameras for rediculous on Craigslist.  I may get one of them and have the local photo store repair it.  It would be better than getting a cheap one from Wally's World.

I did the grocery shopping yesterday.  I went $20 over budget and didn't get everything I wanted.  Notice I said "wanted' not "needed."  I did over buy a few things.  For some reason I bought six boxes of cereal, we only need three; 24 cans of dog food, needed only 14; 10 boxes of pasta, needed 3.  I also stocked up on pork chops @ $.99 lb; chicken breasts and drumsticks @ $.99 lb; in-store ground beef for 1/2 off. 
I like the in-store ground beef better than the chubs.  The grind is finer and the texture is better.  I also think it is a safer (less salmonella) than the chubs; since it is ground on site and doesn't sit around or have to be shipped in.  According to the meat cutters, this is true.  Since some are friends, I believe what they say.

Took a break to eat dinner, Rosemary Roast Chicken.  My eyes were bigger than my stomach, rather than overeat, I put the leftovers in the fridge.  Along with the leftovers destined with my lunches for the next couple of days.  Scott ate two drumsticks and passed on the thighs and wings; I put them in the freezer along with giblets and carcass.  Yummy stock.

While unloading the dishwasher I broke a dinner plate.  I had four plates in my left hand, searing pain in my elbow and one fell.  No tears, I bought it at the dollar store for $.85 five years ago, with a coupon. 

Congrats to the Saints!  I know who I am rooting for in the Super Bowl, that is if I watch the Super Bowl.  Nate and I uually watch together.  I don't know if I can get Scott to drive to Bend just so Nate and I can watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment