Friday, February 26, 2010

Yesterday I posted my favorite chowder recipes at Cooking in Nana's Kitchen: so much alike, yet so different. Then, last night I just heated some Mo’s Famous Clam Chowder I bought at Roth’s. Yuch! Believe me, it was bad. Both Scott and I ate part of a bowl and didn’t finish. What is absolutely outstanding fresh, does not translate well into frozen. I will now only eat my homemade version or go to the Coast to eat at Mo’s!


Woohoo, I learned a new skill! I installed a Bluetooth antenna on my computer and now can send pictures from my camera to the computer! It is so cool. Yes, all of you that have been doing this for the past six years, it’s old hat; it is new hat to me!

I noticed my first ant of the season. We have a colony of sugar ants that show up every spring and autumn. We have scoured the yard for their colony and can’t find it. An exterminator found one in a tree trunk we were using for a bench years and years ago. In his professional opinion, we needed to have the house sprayed every month from March to October. Like that was going to happen. I have used a liquid bait that works just fine for the past 10 years and I will stick with that.

Have any of you seen Story of India? It was shown on our local PBS. I’ve got to say, it is pretty darn good. Michael Wood, a British historian, presents the history of India from its first inhabitants until today. He travels the length and breadth of the sub-continent weaving tales of history into the rich fabric of modern India. Easily watchable and understood, Wood knows his history and presents it so all can enjoy. I heartedly recommend this DVD for any other lovers of all things Indian.

Today is Scott’s day off. I don’t know what he has planned. I have planned to pot-up some indoor plants, check it out tomorrow on Chic Daisy. Also, I’ve got to mop floors. Jip ate something that disagreed with him; then couldn’t convince me to let him out fast enough. Just need to finish the cleaning. And I have to finish picking things up in the dining room. It’s just always ready to leave on vacation; packed to the rafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment