Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lostday 4, 2010

The title says it all.

After posting yesterday, I was hit by the ‘sleepies’ again. Scott got Chinese last night so I wouldn’t have to cook. We watched How the Earth was Made and Psych; I went back to bed. Up at 11:30 pm and I haven’t been able to sleep since then.


I watched King Tut Unwrapped and learned more about his life and death. I had to giggle at the team who showed up dressed like archeologists of the ‘20’s. I think their costumes were cute but also made them less believable as experts. Dr. Zahi Hawass always gives a good performance as he explains Egyptian history. I wonder if he ever has forgiven Dr JoAnn Fletcher for her subterfuge in declaring a mummy in KV35 to be that of Queen Nefertiti?

Wow, people sure do get crazy about Emily Under 1000 per Month. She is sprouting brown rice now. For heaven’s sake, people have been lacto-fermenting, sprouting grains, making yogurt and cheese, making pasta, for hundreds if not thousands of years. I cannot understand why some people think that is so wrong.

Now as to their family eating a high fat diet containing a large amount of sodium; I have a problem with that. What with both my grandmothers, both parents, and three of us girls having gallbladder surgeries; I know firsthand what a high fat diet can do. Yes, there obviously was a genetic link there; but we ate a lot of fat growing up. Peggy changed her diet to mostly fish and vegetables after her travels in Japan; yet she had the surgery as well. And too much sodium makes your heart and kidneys work much too hard.

My big problem is how much stuff they have in their small apartment. 2 bedrooms, one bath, living room, kitchen make up 466 sq ft. And they have filled it with stuff and more stuff. There is barely room to move. I like things sleek anymore. No dust catchers, no books unless they are in a cupboard or behind glass doors. I think they need an intervention from Clean House. Let Neicy get in there and tell them about how their wall of books breeds silverfish and dust mites! These people need storage solutions and they need them fast.

I went back to bed at 6am and got up at 1:30pm. Whatever. As long as it’s not insomnia I’m good.

Todays’ goals:
Clean the dining room
Hawaiian chicken for dinner
Kitchen needs straitening

No comments:

Post a Comment