Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Packing Saturday

First off, dinner with Dad and Dorthy was great.  Rob, Debbie, and Lindsay were also there.  We had sweet and sour meatballs, mashed taters, coleslaw, fresh pickles and corn on the cob.  With homemade lemon meringue pie!  I couldn't find mucilage, so I gave Dad a bottle of good ol' Elmers.  We all got a good laugh!

Debbie came over today and helped pack the dining room and the giant, built-in hutch.  Wow!  Let's just say, there was a lot of stuff.  I still have the desk to do, but that won't take long.  My goal of a room a day is being met just fine.

Friday, Scott worked on the backroom, used to be a garage until he built the new wall.  We've just been using it as a catch-all.  He sorted the stuff we're keeping and that that is being sold.  He moved to Grandma Lee's old maple dresser to the living room.  We are going to use it for storage and a TV stand. 
I got boxes from the liquor store.  What a score!  I got over 25 boxes with those cardboard liners.  We used the liners to cushion the Franciscan Ware!

Tomorrow, Scott is going to work on the shop.  I am going to do some 'neatening' and begin study on the Fung Shui.  Can't wait for normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment