Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When a Door is Closed, A Window is Opened

We got notice today that the house will be up for auction on August 26th. So, we are moving into full steam ahead to get ourselves packed up and moved out before then. We will have been in the house for 29 years, 1 month, 26 days.


I am not going to wax poetic on what memories we have of living here. We captured them in photos and our minds. I am looking forward to a new beginning, a new start. I can only hope that this will end some of my ongoing anxiety by forcing me out of this protective, smothering shell and into a new life full of new experiences.

Do not feel sad for us. We tried. We lost. Life is a circle and it is time to start anew.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know the backdrop to your story (neither do I need to). It is a good attitude though that you have. Sometimes we get stuck in our little cocoons, whether it be good or bad. It is better to get out of inertia and be propelled towards a new life. Change can be a good thing. I pray that you will recover a new life and a good life. Perhaps when you are out of where you are, you will start to feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, your comment is appriciated.

    ReplyDelete