Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday

Today was the last day of the school year. The kids walking home were shouting and cheering! No more school buses and traffic. I sure hope the next place will be on a quiet street. Not that I have minded living just a few blocks from schools. I have loved the second graders walking to the Fire Station every spring, hearing the high school football games on Fridays, and the Middle School Class Olympics as I garden. Life is taking us on a new journey and I will only slightly miss parts of the old one.


We just had a downpour. Rain streamed from the skies for about five minutes. Not too bad. According to the weather man, it is to be 80 degrees this weekend! We have barely seen the upper 60’s and low 70’s this spring. Guess summer will hit us hard!

Looks like the neighbors are setting up for another garage sale. Our city has a limit of one garage sale per year per address. They seem to do at least three to four every year. The last one had another neighbor drop by to complain that they were open later than the city allows. Wonder if anyone will complain about the number of garage sales per year this time around. All that activity over there has Rocky worried. Well, jealous really. He wants to go play with all the people.

I am so looking forward to seeing Nate and Lennon. We really miss them. I miss Nate when I watch ‘House Hunters’ and ‘House Hunters International’. He was fun at choosing the houses and making fun of how over the top some of the buyers act.

Today is my first day of three pain killers per day. I sure have been using the word ‘per’ a lot today.

Tonight I am fixing wither chili burgers or else hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes. Or maybe, hamburger patties, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and pan gravy. I’m not fixing hamburger soup, or tacos, or spaghetti, or I could fix sloppy joes. I just have to use the hamburger in the fridge. Tomorrow, being payday, we will get take out. And Saturday, I’m thinking about Ugo’s pizza. I’m inviting Debbie and Rob to get the bamboo they want and then for them to stay for dinner. Of course, I may find something else to order out. We never know.

1 comment: